The thirteenth episode of the College Football Zealots podcast is in he books! We were joined on the show by Tim Tolman of SaturdayEdge.com as we discussed college football handicapping and some bowl picks.
Here's a re-cap on what we talked about and make sure you scroll to the bottom to listen to the thirty minute podcast. You can also download the show by clicking here. We have another outlet as well as we are new to Stitcher Radio so just do a search for College Football Zealots or CFBZ and enjoy the podcast on the go.
– We ask Tim about his background and how he got started in college football handicapping and what brought him to start The Saturday Edge.
– How early before the season starts does he start looking at point spreads?
– What are the different factors he looks at when deciding on whether to bet on a game?
– What are some characteristics does he look for in teams when he is betting?
– What pre-season resources does Tim use to start his handicapping process?
– Tim answers twitter questions submitted by @tr_hecht: "I've noticed they play a lot of totals. How do they determine which totals to play?" and "Why does he pick so many underdogs?"
– We take a look at five games that Tim really likes:
– NC State vs Vanderbilt
– Mississippi State vs Northwestern
– Kansas State vs Oregon
– Baylor vs UCLA
– Alabama vs Notre Dame
Check out our previous podcasts: